Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Perfect-Ice-Cream Sandwich

This picture makes me drool!

So Good!

I (Sarah) would LOVE to take all the credit for this recipe, but......I found it on the cutest food blog! I was looking for a clever, and delicious Easter dessert, and these beauties fit the bill! They were a big hit! I think they would make a very darling Wedding reception treat, not that I would need something like that for a long time! But I am going to BYU in 2 months, so it's an idea I'm storing in "the next 10 years department".

http://notsohumblepie.blogspot.com/2010/04/perfect-ice-cream-sandwich.html

The recipe doesn't call for chocolate chips, but I'm a chocolate-chip junky so I added Peanut Butter chips and Mint chocolate chips to separate batches. They are super cute wrapped in wax paper, plus it makes them easier to eat without plates. I would advise making extras if you are making them for company! You'll want left overs! (We didn't bring all of them out for Easter dinner, we hid the rest in the downstairs freezer...we didn't ask if anyone wanted seconds....we are not very good hosts are we? oh well...more for us!) These would make it into Emily's "Blue Box" where she keeps all her REALLY good recipes! They are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment