Sunday, January 16, 2011

Avacado Bean Wraps



This is my new favorite recipe I found in a magazine, though I can't remember which one. These are seriously so so so good, sooooo quick and easy to make and heart healthy. I could eat them everyday.
2 ripe avocados
1 cup salsa
2 tsp oil
1 red pepper, chopped
1 c. shredded carrots
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed
1/3 c. shopped cilantro
4 whole wheat wraps
4 c. coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
Coarsely chop 1 avocado; mash the other in a small bowl and stif in 1/4 c. salsa until blended. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute pepper and carrots 3 minutes. Add cumin and cook 30 seconds. Add beans and remaining 3/4 c. salsa; heat through. Stir in the chopped avocado and cilantro; mix well.
Spread about 3 Tbsp mashed avocado-salsa mix on each wrap, some of the bean mixture and lettuce. I've never done it but i'm sure it would be delicious to squeeze some fresh lime juice on top. If you have leftove bean mixture I love to dip wheat thins or saltines in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment